South Pole is a leading climate solutions provider and carbon project developer. We take corporations and institutions worldwide on a climate journey towards low carbon operations and advise them in defining ambitious sustainability strategies. Our solutions contribute to reducing global carbon dioxide emissions while supporting initiatives that protect the territories and communities most vulnerable to climate change. Job summary The Consultant’s goal is to implement Environment Impact Accounting projects for corporate sectors in Belgium, France and Luxemburg and provide our clients with advisory services helping to reduce their impact on climate . This includes a variety of tasks such as data search and analysis, greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting, writing deliverables and proposals on corporate climate strategies and climate change mitigation solutions. You will contribute to project teamwork on large mandates and be expected to manage regular projects.
- Manage medium-size sustainability consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure
- Topics of engagement may include GHG accounting and disclosure, climate change mitigation, Science-Based Targets (SBTs), energy efficiency, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and renewable energy strategies
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation
- For small advisory projects, occasionally provide high-level technical guidance and perform technical reviews of proposals and deliverables
- Interact and build relationships with our clients in the region and manage the timely delivery of mandates
- Develop proposals for the corporate sector on climate strategies and carbon reduction roadmaps in close collaboration with the Key Account Management and Business Development team and senior consulting professionals to support business development activities for the company.
- Support regional practice leads and key account management teams to develop South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, and offerings
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole
Essential profile requirements
- Master’s Degree of Environmental Engineering or Sciences, Bio-engineering or other engineering disciplines related to sustainable development
- Good understanding of environmental sustainability challenges and specific consultancy experience in the relevant areas of the practice.
- Relevant work experience (minimum 3 years) in sustainability consulting for corporate clients, including GHG accounting in line with best-practice methodologies; scope 3 emissions accounting; reduction target setting (SBTs) and GHG reduction plans.
- Ability to conduct research tasks, analyse, and summarise data.
- Good project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint,
- An autonomous yet collaborative approach to work.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, collaborators, or other relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written skills in Dutch and English.
- Good writing skills, with the ability to create high-quality documents (proposals and deliverables).
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. The practice of Power BI would be an asset.
Desirable profile requirements
- Engaged personally and/or professionally in action against climate change Practical experience in climate change strategies; carbon accounting and target setting, energy efficiency / GHG management; climate change scenario analysis and risk and opportunity assessment (for physical and transition risks); and stakeholder engagement and change management
- Awareness of current national and international policy developments regarding climate change and sustainable development
- Diligent, reliable, and proactive
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
What we offer
Together with your colleagues, you are committed to a common purpose. As a young, innovative, ambitious, and fast-growing organization, South Pole is the employer of choice to act for a sustainable and low carbon society. Based in Brussels, you will enjoy part-time home working and a fair salary in line with your experience and expertise.
Interested? Please send your cv to email@example.com